National Volunteer Week is April 23-29
Thank you JFCS Volunteers…this week and every week!
National Volunteer Week, brought to you each year by Points of Light, is an opportunity to recognize and thank YOU, our volunteers, who lend your time, talent, voice and support to our community, and create change.
The theme for National Volunteer Week, Service Unites, captures the power of change-makers like you who come together to build stronger, more vibrant communities through service.
JFCS is fortunate to be able to harness the energy of more than 800 volunteers who support our mission of providing essential services to people of all ages and backgrounds to sustain healthy relationships, ease suffering and offer support in times of need.
On any given day, our JFCS volunteers are out in our community:
- Lending a hand to seniors through visiting and providing essential rides
- Supporting children and teens in our Jewish Big Brother/Big Sister program and Lunch Buddy program in the St. Louis Park schools
- Assisting our partner, PRISM, in their efforts to build healthy and stable lives through food security and their Shop For Change thrift shop
- Creating and executing young adult philanthropy efforts and programming through our NextGen program
- Hosting events and raising funds to support all of our essential services
We could not serve our community without the vision, commitment and compassion of our volunteers. Thank you, from the bottom of our JFCS heart, for all you do to make our world a better place.