Golden Valley Rotary names JFCS its 2019 Business of the Year
Rotary presented award to JFCS on Oct. 29
Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis (JFCS) is excited to announce that it has been selected as Golden Valley Rotary Club’s 2019 Business of the Year! October is “Economic and Community Development Month” for the Rotary International calendar and the Golden Valley Rotary Club celebrates by naming a local Business of the Year to honor.
The club presented the award to JFCS staff and Board Members at its Oct. 29 meeting. “We are honored to receive this recognition from the Rotary Club and proud to be a part of the Golden Valley community along with so many businesses and organizations working to make a positive impact,” JFCS Chief Executive Officer Judy Halper said.
“JFCS provides essential services to people of all ages and backgrounds to sustain healthy relationships, ease suffering and offer support in times of need. We are also co-located with PRISM, and we are grateful for the opportunity to amplify one another’s work and improve service delivery to people in need. Just as the Rotary Club is dedicated to community service, at JFCS we are dedicated to serving our community, one person at a time, with boundless compassion.”
In a statement, the Golden Valley Rotary Club said JFCS is being recognized for:
- Its commitment to providing programs, services, and support for thousands in the Jewish and broader communities
- Providing senior services, career services, children and family services, community engagement, and counseling and mental health support
- A staff that is highly trained and professional, providing culturally sensitive, confidential care that incorporates best practices
- Repairing the world one person at a time, a central value of Judaism, informing its work and mission
- Partnering with PRISM to invest in a new building, improve and grow programs, and make an impact in Golden Valley
- Delivering essential services to people of all ages and backgrounds to sustain healthy relationships, ease suffering, and offer support in times of need
- And being “Here for All. Always.”
“Golden Valley Rotary Club believes that JFCS exemplifies Rotary’s motto of ‘Service-Above-Self,’ it stated.
This is the 13th annual celebration of Golden Valley Rotary Club’s Business of the Year. In 2006, Golden Valley Rotary Club began the annual practice during Rotary’s “Economic and Community Development Month” each October. A business or organization based in Golden Valley is honored that: exemplifies and shows leadership in good works in the community; is perceived to be a good employer in the community; and is perceived to observe high ethical standards, integrity, competence, and professional contributions in its industry.